- Emergency: 911
- Ames-Bern Volunteer Fire Department: Call 911 for fire emergency
Fire Department Business: 448-2121
- Poison: 1 800 682-7625
- Southeast Ohio Emergency Services (SEOMS): Call 911 for ambulance
- Athens County Sheriff: 593-6633
- Amesville Police: Call Sheriff
- Ohio State Highway Patrol: 593-6611
- Careline: 593-3344
- Food Pantry: For emergency food needs, call 594-5465
Village of Amesville
P.O. Box 190, Amesville OH 45711
20 N. Liberty Street
Phone/Fax: (740) 448-2411
- Mayor: Frank Hare, 448-4041
Mayors Court is held on the fourth Thursday of the month
- Clerk-Treasurer: Sally Fischer, 448-3403
- Flood Mitigation Project Coordinator: Corinne Colbert, 448-9300
Council usually meets at 6:30 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at 20 N. Liberty St. (the old elementary school building).
- President Pro Tem: John O'Donnell, 448-2802
- Water Committee: Ben Kasler, 448-2600
- Park Committee: Debi MacMillan, 448-7323; Julie Vernon, 448-3592
- Street Committee: Wally Fischer, 448-3403; Craig Dickelman, 448-6885
Village Departments and Services
- Marshal: Mike Tigner
- Fire Chief: Butch Withem, 448-6484
- Water Works
- Superintendent: Rich Kasler, 448-7271
- Water Billing: Shauna Morris, 448-4796
- Water Hookup/Disconnect: Sally Fischer, 448-3403
- Amesville Cable Television: Steve Skidmore, 698-0505
Amesville now offers curbside recycling on the first and third Friday of the month. Sorted materials should be placed in paper grocery sacks and left at the curb by 7:30 a.m. Materials accepted:
- White office paper: Remove paper clips
- Mixed paper: Non-glossy colored paper
- Computer paper: Green bar computer printout only
- Magazines and catalogs
- IBM cards and file folders
- Paperboard: Cereal boxes, cracker boxes, pop/beer cartons, etc. Remove plastic inserts and flatten.
- Corrugated cardboard: Brown corrugated cardboard and paper grocery sacks. Must be flattened.
- Beverage cans: Aluminum and steel both.
- Aluminum cat food cans: Rinse.
- Scrap aluminum: Foil, pie pans, etc.
- Tin and steel food cans: Rinse. Labels need not be removed.
- Glass: Rinse, remove caps and separate by color. Labels need not be removed.
- Plastic: No. 1 and No. 2 plastics only (milk jugs, pop bottles, shampoo bottles, etc.); no wide-mouth containers (e.g., butter tubs, cottage cheese cartons, yogurt containers). Remove caps and rinse.
For more information, call Athens County Recycling Center at (740) 797-3001.
History | Village Government | Fire Department | Flood Recovery
Activities | Businesses | Churches | Schools | Contacts